September 02, 2010

Day 1: My Best Friend(s)

I obviously couldn't stay awake long enough last night, so you're getting two posts today if you're reading/following this challenge.


Let's start off with a difficult one. I'll be the first to admit that I don't let a lot of people in. See it as a fault or a quirk or whatever you like, but it's just who I am. Doesn't mean I'm unfriendly or anything. (At least I don't think I am . . . but maybe I'm wrong.) But when I do let people in, I really let them in. So picking my one best friend is pretty much impossible. I've got a bunch of people in my head, but I can't pick and I need to move on to the next paragraph.


Crap.


I guess we'll call this an ode to my best friends.


I've been blessed with some amazing people to stand by my side. You know who you are. I can't even begin to say how much that friendship has blessed my life. I'm a better person for knowing you and being able to call you my friends.


This is starting to sound cliche and sappy, but I'm telling the truth. Those people I call my best friends have stuck by me, even when I tried to shut them out. They waited patiently for me to let them in and are still by my side. That means more to me than almost anything else. That they fought to get in and haven't wavered in their loyalty is the mark of best friend material to me.




I couldn't be more blessed. I have the greatest best friends on the planet.


~Sydney

No comments: