September 03, 2010

Day 2: My Crush

Okay, let's be honest here:

I do not have a real life crush.

Actually . . . I have two.

There is the lovely Mr. Monteith.

A leather jacket is always good.
Mmmmm-hmmm
Again with the leather! *swoon*


And, of course, the gorgeous Mr. Pattinson.


Oh hai there!
This picture makes me smile.  Too cute!
Wet Rob is hot for some reason.  Getting distracted here . . .
*drool*

Whoa, where was I?

Oh.

Yeah, yeah, they're not real crushes. I know.

I've had several crushes growing up. It's only natural, right? Some have worked themselves out, some have passed me by. Some make me look back and go, What the heck were you thinking?! I'm sure I could sit here and reminisce and tell you all these funny stories about previous flames, but I'm all about living for the now. Trying to move forward and all that guidance counselor crap. At least for the time being.

So who's my crush right now?  I'll tell you who.

Yep, you caught me. Books. Books are the source of my many crushes right now. How is this possible you say? Well, let me explain. Or at least try to without making myself look completely pathetic.

I don't really have my sights set on dating right now. Honestly, I'm more concerned about surviving school and figuring out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. At this point in time, I feel like if it happens, it happens. But I'm not going to go seek it out. Especially not around GCC.

That doesn't mean I've put my hopeless romantic nature aside. No, that part of me is alive and kicking. It doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon. To keep it satisfied, I read. And I read some more. Then I read a little more. Then I make a trip to the bookstore. And then I read again.

It's a perfect cycle.

The only problem is that I seem to find myself falling in love with many of the characters.

Let me get one thing straight: I KNOW they are fictional and don't exist. Just because I spend the majority of my time reading doesn't mean I've lost touch with reality.

Moving on . . .

I find myself drawn to certain characters in books. Sometimes it's a main character. Other times it's a minor, almost background character. It simply depends on the type of character. Sometimes I catch myself wishing a character were real so I could talk to them, hang out with them, and do whatever. I wish for their happiness, cheer for them through the story, and even cry for them when they are struggling. If there are sequels, I eagerly await for the time when I can enter their world again.

You know the saying, "Boys are better in books?"

In my limited experience, I find this to be true.

So bring on the fictional crushes!

~Sydney


No comments: