May 27, 2011

Home

Tonight, I really miss home. I miss my friends there. I miss the feel of a real city. I miss the way you can see the beach on clear days. I miss the feeling of being completely surrounded by people who love me. I miss the diversity.

Most of all, I miss my family and that feeling of belonging that comes with being near them.

If I didn't have to worry about school or money or anything else, I'd be in my car and driving down I-15 right now.

I miss my parents.


I miss my little brother.


I miss the comings and goings of a family unit. I miss the crazy get-togethers. I miss talking with my mom in person about whatever is on my mind. I miss the quiet moments I get with my dad. I miss screaming to extremely loud music in the car with my brother before we go out somewhere public and he embarrasses me somehow.





They say home is where the heart is. I know exactly where mine is.

No comments: