May 27, 2010

A Mermaid and A City

I love being reunited with one of my best friends.

We find the strangest things to talk about and giggle madly like we're twelve years old.

And then there's the random things we find in each others' rooms that spark old memories.

"Reminder" stickers.

Deflated balloon animals.

Bumblebee shirts.

She's my constant. We are so similar, and yet completely opposite of each other. Maybe it's the opposition that makes us so similar. It makes us fit together.

No judging. 100% honesty. All secrets are out in the open between us.

Even if she annoys me or makes me mad, I still love her to death. We can sit together for hours in silence or roll around on the ground laughing hysterically. No one would understand our conversations. They would get lost in the interrupting subjects and stories.

At the end of the day, she's always been the one who stayed by my side and continues to stay there. Even when we're way too far apart.

The phone calls aren't the same as seeing her in person. And rest assured, I tackle-hug her every time we meet up after a long separation.

Like I said: I love being reunited with my best friend.

No comments: