April 20, 2010

Topic Tuesday: 50 Random Facts About Me

Today's topic was chosen by the lovely Claudia. It's a bunch of random facts about me. Let's see if I can come up with 50 things you might not know about me.

1) I'm short. Really short. I don't even reach 5 feet.

2) I love dark, disturbing things. Tim Burton is one of my favorite movie-makers. (Note: this does not mean horror movies or haunted houses or anything like that.)

3) I don't like getting roses. If a guy gives me roses, I'll probably kick him out the door.

4) My favorite color is green. Pretty much any shade.

5) I like to write. A lot. Most of my hard drive is occupied by word documents of my stories.

6) I was obsessed with Nsync. I even knew ALL the dances they did to their songs. Still do.

7) I've played violin for 11 years. I was in orchestra all through elementary, middle, and high school.

8) I like to crochet. Don't care if people think it's for old ladies. You can do some cool stuff.

9) I made Alyssa fall in love with the song "What Hurts the Most" ;)

10) I'm super clumsy. I fall up the stairs almost every time I go up them.

11) I like to shove myself into small spaces, ie. the dryer, windows, cabinets, curled up in a little chair

12) I love blue Powerade. I used to drink it everyday my freshman year.

13) One of my nicknames is Nemo because, on a school music trip to Disney World my junior year of high school, all I wanted to do was ride the Nemo ride. I practically ran to it and then bounced the whole time we were in line while quoting the movie. My friends never let me live it down. (Plus, it is one of my favorite Pixar movies.)

14) I have a fascination with glow sticks.

15) I swing dance, with all the flips and everything.

16) I have a girl crush on Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep.

17) My food can't touch on my plate. It all has to be separated. If it's not meant to be mixed together, I don't want it to be contaminated. If it touches, I don't eat it.

18) I'm allergic to sunblock. No, that is not a joke.

19) I'm addicted to my iPod. I feel absolutely lost without it. I'd rather have my iPod than my phone.

20) I still have my baby blanket. It's holey and falling apart, but I can't sleep without it.

21) The amount of books I read is insane. I tried to count all the books I read last year and had to stop around 110. (And last year I felt like I didn't get to read that much.)

22) I collect postcards. They can be sent to me or I buy them when I'm on vacation

23) I organize my cash in my wallet. It all has to be facing the same way, in numerical order.

24) I can watch a movie once and quote all the lines. My dad and brother can do this too.

25) I'm quiet and shy. I like to stay in the corner, unnoticed.

26) Pertaining to #25: I can be loud and crazy, but only if I feel comfortable around you.

27) I'm extremely sarcastic. And most of the time, people don't recognize it as sarcasm. Go figure.

28) Most people underestimate my strength just because I'm little. Needless to say, they're really surprised when I can fight back or lift heavy things.

29) I love college football and baseball, but don't ask me to watch any other sports.

30) I can unwrap Starburst in my mouth and the wrapper is still in one piece.

31) I'm a water snob. I can't drink tap water and I only drink certain brands of bottled water.

32) I take the cheese off my pizza when I eat it.

33) I love frozen grapes. My roommates think it's weird.

34) My favorite board game is LIFE even though every time I play I end up with too many children to fit in the car.

35) I have a scar right down the middle of the roof of my mouth that I can feel with my tongue from oral surgery.

37) I love Mythbusters!! I can watch marathons of it without losing interest. Yeah, I'm a geek.

38) My favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Fruit Loops and Cap'n Crunch are a close second.

39) I blast my music in the car when I'm alone or with certain people who I know can handle it.

40) I love Target.  <3

41) I really wish I could play piano and acoustic guitar.

42) I blush really easily.

43) I love to cook and bake, even though I don't do it a lot.

44) I'm a grammar and spelling Nazi. I want to be an editor.

45) I hate wearing shoes. I prefer being barefoot or flip flops.

46) I can pop my left pinky in and out of its socket. It grosses Alyssa out which makes it more fun to do.

47) I have a deadly fear of needles. Just thinking about them makes me nauseous.

48) I'm a speeder. Big time. The bad thing is sometimes I don't even realize how fast I'm actually driving.

49) I love musicals and I'm not afraid to admit it.

50) I have the funniest sneezes that everyone makes fun of. They say it sounds like a mouse.

That was extremely hard to get to 50. But I got there! Leave me a comment :)

You can read Megan's here and Claudia's here. Enjoy!

~Sydney

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay! I love these things :) That was fun to read. I love Target too!