November 12, 2010

Moving On

A week ago today, some things kind of fell apart for me. I'm not going to lie, it hurt like you would not believe. The biggest one was a friendship I cared a lot about, but one that constantly confused me. I was never 100% sure where I stood with this person, but I loved them so I just dealt with it. Needless to say, some things happened and no matter how hard we tried, it just couldn't be repaired. It was extremely sad for me to watch it happen.

All I can say is that I gave it my all.

I think, in the end, that is my biggest comfort. I fought for understanding and was the best friend I could be, at least in my eyes. But this post isn't about the heartache and pain.

I've done enough moping about it.

I think this post is just for me to brag. So, really, you don't have to read it, but I'm a bit proud of myself and had to let it out. I woke up this morning just resolved to go on. To still hold on to that love I have for a lost friend, but to not let it stop me from going on with my own life. I feel like saying this makes me sound careless and rude, but that's really not the way it feels. It feels like I've learned to deal with stuff, to take it as a learning experience.

To grow.

Right now, I'm taking joy in the small things: my dog cuddled up beside me, a good book (which is truthfully infuriating me at the moment, so it had to be set aside), some catchy songs that I had a private dance party to, chocolate, the fact that I get to spend time with someone who has become quite dear to my heart tomorrow. And I can hope that maybe one day the friendship will be repaired.

But most of all, I hope that I can hold on to this feeling.

'Cause quite frankly, it's awesome.

I think I'll dance some more.

No comments: