February 01, 2011

Day 13 - Write a Letter Telling Someone Something You Could Never Tell Them

Dear You,

You were good, I give you that. You smiled and I fell. I trusted every false word. I gave my friendship and my loyalty to you. I trusted you.

I didn't look hard enough. I didn't trust my instincts. So, I let you turn on me. I let you crush every ounce of love and care I gave you. And I let it hurt me. I let it affect my ability to trust and see the good in people.

In short, I let it change who I was.

But now, I'm telling you this: no more. I won't let you have any more power. I will be friendly, but keep you at a distance. The bruises and cuts will heal and I will learn to love them as much as any part of me. Because of you, I will see the true value of meaningful friendships and relationships. I will appreciate them all the more.

In fact, thank you for that. Thank you for showing me what a real friend is and what the power of love and sincerity can bring to my life. Thank you for teaching me to keep those I can trust and count on close; for teaching me to love them more.

I sincerely wish you the best in your life. I hope you can find your own meaning in it.

~ Me

No comments: