February 04, 2011

Day 16 - Something You Could Live Without

I could do without insecurity.

I could do without all the questioning. All the thoughts that swirl around and threaten to knock your self-confidence down a few notches.

I could live without looking at myself and picking over every flaw and thing I don't like. I usually do pretty well with myself, but insecurity lurks, waiting for its opportune moment to strike and achieve its goal of making me feel bad about myself.

Example: I swear every dress they make is for tall, skinny, non-curvy figures. If you have curves and you're short, well, you're basically screwed. It's even worse when every other girl in the dressing room is exactly what you aren't: tall, stick-figured, and fitting into the clothes perfectly. It made me pause and look at myself and pick over every single thing I hated about my body.

I could live without wondering if my personality is unattractive. I wish I could be secure in it and say, "This is me. If  you like me, woohoo!! If you don't, sorry. No skin off my back." There are days when I actually achieve that attitude, but it's not every day.

Yes, I could definitely live without insecurity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes life sucks and it doesn't make it any better to have insecurities. I promise holding your head up high no matter how you feel can make a difference.