February 13, 2011

Day 19 - Nicknames You Have and How or Why You Have Them

Let's start off with the basics. Syd. Shorty. Small fry. Freckles. Those are all fairly obvious.

My mom calls me Missy Moo. She has for as long as I can remember. I don't know where she got it, but I love it. (If you are not my mom and you call me this, I will not answer.)

My brother calls me Little Oyster. That one got thrown around when I worked with Miranda and somehow it stuck. My mom uses it too. My Aunt Tracey calls me Sweetie and my Gg calls me Pumpkin.

One friend calls me The Sydney Chainsaw Massacre after learning my initials spell out S.A.W.

Otherwise, most friends call me Nemo. Let's just say I got really excited to ride the Nemo ride at Disney World on my junior year music trip. I was yelling, "Nemo! Nemo!" in line and reciting quotes from the movie. Next thing I knew, all of my friends were calling me Nemo.

They're all fun names and I usually answer to any of them. Still, I think the family nicknames are the ones I cherish most.

No comments: